Comparing Rate of Improvement to Maximize Team Performance
The Kaizen Team Ergo Improvement Report, designed for coaches and sports scientists, gives a clear dispassionate view of the efficacy of training and lifestyle. If an athlete is not improving fast enough, the coach is now able to ask better questions, make smarter coaching decisions and improve athlete performance driven by collated data insights.
Kaizen Team Ergo Report, now available in Ludum, helps coaches strategically develop their teams physiologically and psychologically and reach a maximum rate of improvement in athletes without compromising their health.
The power of this report really comes when you and your team collect complete data including metrics from ergometers, HR data and health monitoring data. Athletes and coaches gain a much greater ability to understand how effective the training programme is. Having the ability to see who improved the most and the volume of training athletes have undertaken as well as those that have declined in performance, despite having completed all the training – enables you to tweak training programmes on the go and reach an optimum rate of improvement.
Simply by recording ergo training either on the Concept2 or RP3 rowing ergometer, the Kaizen Report makes it possible not only track athlete improvement in absolute performance but also the rate at which they improve – with the added bonus of comparing that rate of improvement with other team members.
If athletes use heart rate monitors regularly, or even just record rate of perceived effort every session then Ludum can also show how the training load of the training programme compares to the rate of improvement.
For the coach – this data that can be compared, used after each individual training session, tracked over a period of time and easily visualized offers a number of physiological benefits in athlete and team development:
- Track an athlete’s rate of improvement on the indoor rowing machine
- Compare rates of improvement between athletes in the same team
- Compare the training load of any athlete to that of their rate of improvement on the ergo
- Correlate the impact of training, absenteeism, injury and illness to rate of improvement
Additionally, the Kaizen Team Report in Ludum also helps coaches develop a team culture, build a psychologically cohesive team and turn a group of people into a unified successful team in a number of ways
- Commitment to the team goal/seasonal goal by understanding where the team is and what will it take to reach the goal – reinforced by looking at historical data
- A clear understanding of everyone’s role within the team – quantified and visualized
- Trust between team members – powered by data insights and data-driven conversations
- Collective team confidence – backed by data
So how does this work…?
Simple…. all you need to do is to collect your ergometer data in Ludum. To get the most from your data it’s recommended that athletes import heart rate data, record rating of perceived effort and enter their health monitoring data.
Recording all these data types gives you the best possible insights into individual athletes and team performance and improvement.
Collect the data manually for each session you have completed. This requires you to create the session manually first and then enter the data.
Athletes should connect their Polar, Garmin or Suunto account to Ludum.
- You have the ability to simply auto-populate your Calendar with the sessions you have completed. In this case, Ludum will automatically populate the training load for the report.
- Assign the data to a specific training session. If your coach has written a training programme then you can upload the data from your training session from your device to that session. Again this will populate the data for the Report.
Exceptions to this:
- Currently RP3 data requires manual upload
- Enter the rate of perceived effort after each session
If you would like to learn more or have questions and suggestions, please reach out to us by sending an email to [email protected]